Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Playing at Crested Butte


The coolest chocolate shop of them all.


Kochevar's Karolina's Kitchen...gooooood food! The white blur is a tad bit of snow!!


Barry and Amy at Kochevar's


Joel in the snow outside of Kochevar's....It began snowing while we were there and we got a pretty decent layer.


Joel with a hunk of ice/snow stuff


The snow clouds coming over the mountains

This is where the fun starts. We found a pretty good hill with a decent amount of snow. We used the little round sled disk things and had a blast. This was one of the most amazing times I have had in a long time. These pictures are funny..there are about 300 of them, so we just picked out some of the best ones. Barry was on camera for the most part, he did a great job capturing the moment.


Joel after I got him all suited up in the car. He has some snow bibs and snow boots. They kept him all nice and dry and warm. I was wearing jeans. Next time I am borrowing Ms Berny's Carharts! I was cold and wet (but having a BLAST!!!!!!!!)

Mom getting Joel started on the disk. All the little weeds are lavendar. They smelled sooooo good. So when you went thru them you smelled fab!


Joel losing control


The 'face plant' - as good parents I am trying to get down and Barry is steadily taking pictures. lol...preserving the moment & trying to offer help


He got up and was a happy boy. He wanted to do it again. He did it lots of more times, with far much more style and grace. This was the one and only face plant for Joel.


Throwing snow at the camera crew!


Gram supervising


Joel and Mom on another run


Dad on a ride down. He only went down once. He was a fraidy cat

Joel throwing snow at Mom on her way up the hill.


Another trip down


Successful!


My turn!


I lost control...see the rock, I uncovered it.


My face plant


I got up happy too, it was actually pretty fun!


My precious baby boy!!! Its hard to believe that he is almost 4...and big enough to do all this big boy stuff!!


Ms Berny's ride down


Joel getting some air...he was a few inches off of the snow.


Mom going again


Wipe out!


After a successful ride. There were way more successes, just the wipeouts make for better blog material. You might as well get a giggle!


Daddy cheesing it up


Mr Cutie pie..he was happy about the snow!!


How cute is this!?


Having fun sledding down!


One last cheese!

We were up and down this hill for at least an hour. We had the best time. Joel and I were exhausted by the time we finished. I was soaked as the snow melted on my pants. We stopped at the candy shop and got some really great candy and hot chocolate for the ride home.

I hope you got a good giggle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a great time in Colorado! I absolutely love your hair color! You didn't tell me you did that. Hopefully we'll get to visit soon. Miss you! xoxo

The LaBiche's said...

I wish I was there!